When your adolescent is feeling discouraged or when their situation discourages you. When your adolescent has been feeling unhappy (for a while) and needs help.
What is Adolescent Coaching?
Bureau Land coaches adolescents as a separate group. And we also coach you, as the parent of the adolescent, so that you can get a better understanding of the world of your teenager.
In which issues can we coach your child? Adolescent Coaching can be very effective when your child (between 12-20 years old) needs help in one of the following areas:
- becoming stronger, feeling better and knowing what he/she wants;
- being more confident, having less stress;
- using less alcohol, having more friends and social contacts;
- having less problems, less concerns, less worrying, a better night rest;
- having more fun, better communication;
- being less fearful of other people’s opinions;
- becoming more assertive;
- focusing more on the fun things in life;
- interacting with parents;
- learning how to distance themselves from problems at home that involve their parents and not them.
How does Adolescent Coaching work?
In this Coaching we discuss all kinds of topics that adolescents have to deal with. The questions or issues can be very broad and general. As a parent you can also be coached in how to interact and communicate with your teenager. You can also choose to have a 3-way conversation with yourself as a parent, your teenager and the Coach.
A few conversations can be enough to make your teenager feel better in their own skin again or to become better at dealing with your own emotions and to get a better understanding of both your own and your adolescent’s wishes in life.
It is very important that there is a connection between you and your Coach. That is why the first meeting involves an admission interview of about 45 minutes (free of charge). After the admission interview, we will put together a programme that is tailor-made to your needs and wishes and we will make new appointments.
Would you like to receive more information about this type of Coaching? Feel free to contact us.